Tuesday, February 8, 2011

20 Weeks

So I'm going with it.  I'm making a goal of 10 maternity clothing items in 20 weeks, and if I can make 20, I'll make 20.  But since I'm still working on a few ordered quilts, I'll take it easy at the start.  Here's my first item:

 Be kind. I don't have to tell you why I'm not wearing any makeup and I'm looking crappy, right?  Just overlook the model.
 This gorgeous dress was mailed to me by a friend I used to work with.  I can't believe she remembered me and thought of me when she saw this dress.  It's 100% silk!  However, there isn't much growing room for the baby and it's not exactly something I'd wear often.  This lovely thing needs its own occasion.
Look at that gorgeous print!  I'm thinking of removing the sleeves, removing a middle section, then joining the lower skirt portion to the bodice in an elastic empire waist. I may try and find a sash to to with it or make ties for tying in the back out of the leftover fabric.  So I'll get to work on this and another quilt, and I'll keep you informed on the progress!

3 comments:

  1. Love your idea of what you're going to do with this dress!!! I can't wait to see the end result. So proud of you for taking on this challenge! Heck...10 pieces of maternity clothing will take you a long way in a weeks worth of clothing. That's a great accomplishment and if you make more, so be it. And you..."crappy looking" (your words, not mine). You've got to be kidding me. You are one of the most gorgeous people I know that can go natural (no make-up) and look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. NICE. You are going to rock the crap out of that thing. Just sayin.'

    ReplyDelete