Monday, November 25, 2013

Greenhouse Experiment and a New Door

 On this rainy Fall day, I present to you my current experiment: Fall seed starting for Spring plants in a cheapo mini greenhouse.  These are zinnia sprouts and a basil plant from my summer raised bed.  We'll see how these samples overwinter before I potentially waste a bunch of seeds and basil.  In the background you can see that the trim on our house has been scraped and is ready to paint (thanks to friends who helped!), as soon as this rain lets up.  
 One more marigold photo. We've had a few nights with freezing temperatures, so their days are numbered.  
Kale, enjoying all the moisture and break from heat.
And say hello to my new back door.  We found this beauty at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore, originally priced at $80 for resale, but we got it at $20.  Steal!  It had a lovely periwinkle paint on it, but we've scraped that off and begun repairs on it.  Somebody thought it was a smart idea to drive screws into a few of the joints, thereby separating them.  Once strong and whole, we'll paint and mount it.  I'm looking forward to all the light we should have in the cramped back entry!

That's all for now.  Time for me to check on the girls; they have markers. Stay warm and dry, and be kind to one another!

No comments:

Post a Comment