Saturday, January 28, 2012

Kitchen Update and Chair Repair

 Here's the kitchen with bead board on the cabinet backs.  My husband is outlining the bead board with quarter-round, and it looks very finished.  He's also adding 1" strips on the fronts of the shelves to make them appear thicker and more finished.  Once he's done with that, it'll be time to prime.

In other news, I found this chair on the side of the road just before the baby was born.  It had all the springs and burlap bindings hanging out of the bottom, and the seat was sunken-in.
 Here's a peek at my repair job.  I know it's probably going to rub some of you the wrong way that I used duct tape, but the burlap was so old it was tearing apart in my hands.  And frankly, I believe if people back in the day when this was made had duct tape, they would have used it too.  So there.
And here's the bottom of the chair with the black netting replaced.  Repair complete!
Now to try some fabric spray paint to brighten her up!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.