And here's the finished makeover! Look at that - so much ample fabric in the front you can't even see the bump. Perfect! I cut the neckline out, gathered the fabric and re-sewed it. I cut the bottom off just below the bust line, used a well-fitting t-shirt of mine to measure and cut the new bodice and sleeves, and re-sewed everything (allowing the excess of the bottom portion to gather in the front). I love how it fits.
Please pardon the blurry photo of the back of the shirt. I already put the tripod up, and I am NOT getting it back out. Sorry.
Here's a closeup to show inquiring minds how I zig-zag stitched the neckline back onto the bodice. With knit fabrics like this, you don't have to finish your ends. They just curl and remain soft. You can even leave the ends on the outside of the garment if you prefer a "pieced" look. It's about dang time I have a comfy maternity tee, too; all my t-shirts were riding up on my belly button.