Monday, May 16, 2011

Pretty Things

The inspection on the house was today, and all went well.  To celebrate, I thought I'd break the house hunting monotony with a little creative expression.  Here are a few diddies I've made over the last few weeks:
Here's a flannel night gown I made my daughter.  Couldn't resist adding the white eyelet lace and silver ribbon.
It's way girlier than I'd ever have wanted really, but I guess she can have one flowery thing. ;)
I also made her this mini skirt from some knit fabric.  I love the yellow and heather gray stripes.  It was only $1.97/yd at Hancocks!
This is another flannel gown I made her.  It's akin to a mumu, and has flutter sleeves.
Now that it's been washed once, it's sooooo soft!
This used to be a pink onesie, but it became too short for my little girl's long torso, so I cut off the bottom with the snaps.  It became way too short, even as a shirt, but her slender little figure still fit its width.  I gathered and added some cotton print fabric to the bottom by Free Spirit, and a sash of the same to the waistline, attaching it only in the front center.
Here's a photo from the back with the sash tied.
I think it looks very 50's, and it's a great way to extend the life of a onesie!
Here's a long twirly skirt I made the little girl from some turquoise knit fabric.
It goes down to the bottom of her calves, and was very easy to make.  Just elastic and fabric!
And finally, something for me!  This was a skirt my friend Melissa gave me.  I turned it into a maternity strapless top!
I removed the darts from the top and the waistline, then folded over the top and threaded wide elastic through for a secure fit.  I also sewed 1/4" elastic just below the bust line all the way around for a flattering shape.
These ruffles were already on the skirt - love how I didn't have to do anything to the hem!
I also left the original invisible zipper in the back for easy dressing.

Well, that's about it folks! Hope y'all are having a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment